At CS Labels we are wholeheartedly committed to our impact on the environment.
We hold the high-level ISO 14001 accreditation for environmental management.
The certificate confirms our enhanced awareness of environmental issues, and recognises the fact that we constantly strive to reduce the impact of what we do on the environment.
Examples of our commitment to the Environment
- Digital label printing is overall much greener than traditional methods. It uses less raw materials, energy and water.
- We use best-of-breed products and materials from suppliers such as Xeikon, the people who make our digital printers. Xeikon are one of the greenest companies around.
- Xeikon digital printing presses produce no hazardous emissions of VOCs (Volatile organic compounds), they don’t use any process water, so don’t cause any water pollution.
- We always encourage our customers to only ‘buy what they need’ whilst still keeping costs low. This is easy in the digital print world. As well as being less wasteful it also minimises storage space.
- Digital printing requires no lengthy set up runs so no excess waste.
We have also made a commitment to reduce our percentage of energy usage per value of turnover year on year, and we continually re-evaluate internal processes that impact the environment.
For example, the frequency of ordering toner has been reduced which lowers shipping ‘air miles’ and the amount of order processing time and energy.
We also invest in the knowledge and education of our staff, one of our biggest assets.
They are well versed on ecological issues such as recycling, sensible use of water, heating and lighting and general concern about their ‘carbon footprint’.
If you would like any more information about our commitment to the environment or ISO 14001, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We’ll be happy to help.